There’s no better way to start your day off than with a piping hot plate of Mexican chorizo! Relax, this recipe is simple and easy to learn. Fragrant, colorful, and packed with flavor, you can make this with both pork and beef. A good mix of lean and fat meat will give you the perfect plate of Mexican beef chorizo. Pair it up with some runny eggs and fresh tortillas, and you’re good to go! If you have the habit of eating store-bought chorizo, this will make you rethink your choices. Say goodbye to chorizo prepared with an outdated recipe and filled with stale ingredients – see the difference a homemade Mexican chorizo recipe brings to the table!
Here’s a breakdown of our beef chorizo recipe:
A typical Mexican-style beef chorizo recipe will consist of 50-60% fat, 25-30% protein with the rest being carbs. You can always reduce the fat content by adding more lean meat or vice versa! Different people add the spices in varying quantities depending on the recipe they use, but ultimately, it’s all up to your preferences. You could even make this with pork, but the umami flavor provided by the beef is a key part of this recipe! Here’s a list of what you need to get before you can begin working with our easy recipe.
The perfect Mexican-style Beef Chorizo recipeCourse: RecipesCuisine: MexicanDifficulty: Easy
3lb ground beef (80:20 ratio of lean to fat)
3 tablespoons paprika
2 cloves of freshly crushed garlic
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons ancho powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon cumin (freshly ground)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon chili powder
1-2 teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Before you get to cooking, make sure to collect all the above-mentioned spices in bowls. Once you have your ingredients ready, mix everything, leaving aside the beef and the oil.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. After a few seconds, dump in the ground beef and brown it! Keep stirring the beef to ensure it cooks evenly and doesn’t clump up.
- Now add in the spice mix and keep stirring. 2-3 minutes in, you will find yourself mesmerized by the aroma! You can tweak the recipe if you think the spice is too much or too little.
- Let the mixture cook for about 15 minutes so the beef is browned and cooked thoroughly, and the flavors have penetrated the meat.
- Your Mexican-style beef chorizo is now ready! You can store the extra chorizo in the fridge for later use, or use it as an ingredient in any recipe of your choice.
- Spicy Mexican chorizos are known for the prominent presence of chile peppers and vinegar. A traditional spicy Mexican beef chorizo recipe calls for a good mix of powdered chile peppers with some vinegar to experience the authentic punch of spiciness Mexican chorizo is known for! You could also take the offbeat route by replacing this with some minced garlic and a generous pinch of paprika to amp up the heat.
Mexican chorizo is great on its own, but pair it with the right items and its taste will escalate exponentially! You can start your day off with some hot beef chorizo and eggs – the perfect mix of healthy and tasty as well. If you’re a taco fan, you will be glad to know that chorizo goes incredibly well with tacos! Grab yourself some fresh, crispy tacos, load them up with guacamole, your Mexican beef chorizo, throw in some chopped vegetables, add some sauce and you’re all set. You can also use the chorizo as a topping on pizza, nachos, and tostadas. Mexican beef chorizo is a very flexible dish, so don’t be afraid to get creative with your recipe ideas!
Once you get a hang of the recipe, it’s all about tweaking it to fit your tastes. What are you waiting for? Grab your ingredients and get to making one of the most versatile meat dishes! This is one Mexican recipe that will leave you wanting more.