My Savory, Sweet and Spicy Egg Sandwich recipe was selected for Community Picks RecipeTesting at FOOD52.com. Here’s the recipe.
SAVORY, SWEET AND SPICY EGG SANDWICH
Author: David Moser
- 2 slices raisin bread
- 1 teaspoon sriracha hot sauce
- 2 pieces double smoked bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 slice american cheese
- Lightly toast the raisin bread and spread on the sriracha.
- In a 12" nonstick frying pan, cook the bacon till crisp. Set bacon aside.
- Fry the egg to your liking in a few teaspoons of reserved bacon fat (I prefer over easy).
- Layer the cheese on the egg while it is in the pan so the cheese will melt.
- Assemble the sandwich.
I like it spicy. Adjust the amount of sriracha if you prefer a milder version.