The traditional English Christmas pudding has been a part of Christmas in English and Irish households for years. The recipe unites a number of rich ingredients. When cooking in the English way, the pudding is usually steamed for hours. However, this recipe uses an alternative quick and easy technique to make an instant pot Christmas pudding.
Although the instant pot Christmas pudding is finished within a few hours, with the use of proper ingredients it still tastes like the real Christmas pudding, if not better.
So, below is the list of ingredients to use while making it.
Real English Christmas Pudding in Instant PotCourse: DessertsCuisine: EnglishDifficulty: Easy
Quick and easy instant pot Christmas pudding. Real English recipe. Make traditional desert which you and your guests will never forget!
200 g dried fruits of your choice
100 g chopped nuts
100 g dark brown, raw sugar
100 g unsalted butter or suet
100 g candied ginger
100 ml alcohol of choice
100 g self-rising flour
50 g breadcrumbs
1 medium carrot, grated
2 tsp mixed spice
1 tbsp treacle
- Soak the dried fruits in the alcohol overnight. To make it even more quick and easy, put the liquor and the dried fruits in a bowl, microwave for 5 minutes, and allow them to cool. For the second case, use more liquor in the cooking stage to ensure the instant pot Christmas pudding gets the real luxurious taste of the traditional Christmas pudding cooked in the English way.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and eggs together to form a light, fluffymixture.
- Knead in the flour gently to form a light dough.
- Mix in all the other ingredients of the Christmas pudding instant pot recipe to form as homogenous a mixture as possible.
- Pour this batter into a pudding basin, leaving enough space at the top for the dough to rise.
- Secure the lid of the basin in place. You can also seal the top with a layer of greaseproof paper and then aluminum foil, both pleated in the middle and secured with an elastic bar a string.
- Place the basin in the trivet of the instant pot and pour boiling water up to a level just below the lid or the foil.
- Cover the Christmas pudding instant pot with its lid, keeping the valve open, and put it to steam.
- Once the steam starts escaping, i.e., the instant pot reaches full pressure, leave it in that way for pre-cooking the pudding for 15 minutes.
- Next, close the valve and leave the pudding for cooking at high pressure for 1 hour.
- Now turn off the cooker and set aside for a natural pressure release.
- Pierce the pudding with a skewer to see if it is done. If the batter sticks to the skewer, reinsert the basin in the instant pot and cook some more.
- Otherwise, take the pudding out, invert, and serve.
- You can serve the instant pot Christmas pudding with brandy butter, vanilla ice cream, fresh cream, custard sauce, or any favored combination of these.
And if you want something French – try this 3 easy eggless French toast recipes here https://goutaste.com/best-easy-eggless-french-toast-recipes.